Our beloved Dominick makes his wonderful products by hand multiple times a week. Using only the finest and freshest ingredients available, his Italian heritage continues to influence his ever growing line of products. With the amount of dedication and time that goes into making his sun dried tomatoes, peppers, tapenades, pestos, and pastas, it comes as no surprise that they are some of our best sellers.
Though we do try to keep full stock of each cut of pasta, we can not guarantee its availability. Please call the store if you would like to order any of Domenico's fresh hand made pastas. 800.547.1515
List of cuts:
- Spaghetti literally translates to "little lines". Maybe one of the most well known cuts, spaghetti comes as long thin strands. Though it is not incorrect to serve otherwise, Spaghetti is traditionally served with meat or tomato sauces (Marinara or an Arrabiata).
- Bucatini comes from the Italian word buco meaning "hole". Bucatini is essentially a thicker spaghetti with a hole through its center, like a long tube. Great for tomato based sauces (Marinara and Arrabiata).
- Linguine is slightly wider and flatter than spaghetti. Though there are no hard and fast rules, Linguine is traditionally served with pesto or seafood.
- Fettuccine literally translates to "little ribbons". Slightly wider and flatter than Linguine.
- Pappardelle is a 3/4 to 1 inch wide. A large cut that can handle a hearty sauce.
- Penne are smooth, cylindrical pasta, shorter tubes, and pair well with either marinara or pesto.
- Rigatoni derives from the Italian word rigati meaning "ridged". Larger than the Penne, any sauce will complement this tube cut.
- Whole Wheat Fettuccine is made with whole wheat durum semolina, eggs and trapani sea salt.
*Ingredients in all pasta (except for Whole Wheat): Semolina flour, 00 Flour, trapani salt
*All pasta shapes cook in 3 to 5 minutes because they are extruded at the same width.*
*All containers are 12 oz and serves 2-4 people
*Artisanal Award Winner '09
If you can't find what you need, please call us. We have hundreds more items in stock. Toll-free: 800.547.1515
This item requires overnight shipping.